For the site with the recipe that inspired me click HERE.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal M&M cookies (Cowboy/girl Cookies)
Yields about 25-30 cookies
*1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup & leveled
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1/4 teaspoon salt
*1 cup cooking oats
*3/4 cup m&ms
*3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
*1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
*1/2 cup white sugar
And don't forget a clean mason jar! I used a 24 ounce one.
1) Put each of the ingredients in one by one, following the order of ingredients listed above. -You can adjust the recipe to your liking-
2) After each layer pack the ingredients in tightly or it will not all fit. I set an oven mitt underneath my jar so I wouldn't pound on the counter.
3) If you desire, after the white sugar has been added, throw a few more chocolate chips on the top to fill the jar up all the way. The ingredients should touch the top of the lid.
4) Decorate your jar by printing out the below directions to complete the rest of the recipe and tying it to a ribbon around the jar:
*1 slightly beaten egg
*1/2 cup slightly melted butter
*1 teaspoon vanilla
1) Mix the wet and dry ingredients together in a big bowl
2) Roll the cookie dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls and place on parchment paper on baking tray.
3) Bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees in an oven.
I then added a little homemade gift tag, stuck it onto the jar and I was done!
You can basically do this for any cookie recipe or even for other recipes. It doesn't have to be dessert! I look forward to trying this with many other recipes myself!