Monday, March 31, 2014

Quirky Combinations

We all love classic dessert combinations such as vanilla ice-cream and brownies, chocolate and pretzels, and one of my personal favorites, chocolate and peanut butter. The list of delicious combinations can go on forever but it even includes many combinations that you might think are gross but you never know unless you try them for yourself. One wacky combination that I have been dying to try is chocolate and jalapeños. Some of my family has tried jalapeño and chocolate cake and loved the spicy taste that it brings out. I'm a huge chocolate lover so I think I would like it too! At first I thought the combination would be revolting but after hearing so many good reviews about it I will definitely try it whenever I get the chance.

spicy-chocolate-cake-xl.jpg
When we think of dessert we typically don't think of vegetables. I don't know very many people that would think that combination would sound appetizing. We have all heard of rice pudding but have you ever heard of rice pudding that is made with cauliflower? Probably not. It's a healthier alternative for sure (if you are looking for a healthier dessert of course!) but not most peoples first choice in a dessert. Rice pudding itself is one of the healthier dessert options out there but substituting cauliflower in makes it even better for you. This is another combination that has gotten good ratings so I would be open to trying it if I ever had the option.




"Rice" Pudding
Bacon!!! Everybody loves bacon but would you love it in a dessert? Bacon has been used in many different desserts such as ice-cream, cake, cupcakes, fudge, milkshakes, you name it! But how would you feel about chocolate or Nutella covered bacon? Some people get sick just thinking about it while others feel their mouths watering imagining the taste. When I first heard about the fascination in including bacon is dessert I wasn't really up to try it. Now that I think about it, it would be an even match of salty and sweet which could taste amazing.
Nutella-Coated Bacon
None of these combinations pop into our minds first when we think of dessert but all of them have had great reviews. I think it would be a new and fun experience to bake a cake with jalapeños in it or even try cauliflower in a dessert. Believe it or not, people love these creations so don't knock it 'til ya try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment